Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Putting My Best Beach Face Forward


I apologize in advance for a post that might seem a little vain: makeup for the beach. There is something sort of wrong about putting on a full routine of makeup just to go to a place where, potentially, your face is going to get salty, sweaty, wet, and maybe even a little sandy. Some days, however, I like to have a little something on. So bear with me as I outline what I think is a fairly modest account of what I put on for the beach.


Here's how, on a scale of 1 to 5, I keep it fairly low on the vanity scale:
  • Foundation. Sure, I could just put sunscreen on my face. Or I can wear my daily makeup that is comfortable to wear anywhere and has built-in SPF coverage. This one's a no-brainer. Vanity scale: 1
  • Blush. There is no benefit; it just seems weird to put on foundation without some sort of cheek color. This is what I wear daily in the summer. Vanity scale: 3
  • Waterproof mascara. Not quite as bad as wearing false lashes, but still no utility. If you're gonna wear it, at least wear one that's waterproof. Vanity scale: 4
  • Lip balm. I can't leave my apartment with at least a swipe of one of my favorites. Usually one with SPF is what I grab on my way out the door on beach days. Vanity scale: 1-3 (depending on whether or not it's tinted)
What do you think? Makeup or no makeup to the beach?

No comments:

Post a Comment