Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red, White, and Blueberry


Happy Fourth of July! This holiday is the epitome of summer: barbeques, swimming, fireworks, and relaxing with friends and family. What's a better way to celebrate the USA than enjoying some American-made products?

Summer fruit is one of my favorite things and this fruit salad has been my go-to all week long. For breakfast, for an afternoon snack, for a dessert, whenever. Although it changes a bit depending on what's fresh, this one is made of watermelon, golden honeydew, and blueberries all from various places around the U.S. of A.

I cut up the different kinds of fruit as soon as I get home from the market and store it in a plastic container, a trick I picked up from my in-laws. That way, it's always available for healthy nibbling and I'm more likely to reach for it than the chips in the cupboard.



The perfect container for this is the American-made Snapware 8-cup Rectangle Airtight Food Storage Container which came as part of a set I bought at Costco. I love Snapware containers because they are lightweight, leakproof, BPA-free, the lids are interchangeable, they stack well in the fridge and freezer, and clean up well in the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment