Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My 100th Post: Top Posts for April


I can't believe it but this is my 100th post! Um, how did that happen? When I set out to start this blog, I thought that only a few of my friends would read it (maybe). I knew I was no competition for the big-time bloggers (not even close). I was prepared to get ignored by companies and others whom I emailed for photo requests (yep, I still do most of the time). I started blogging to help myself on my little quest to search and find great products that are made right here in the USA, but I didn't realize all the wonderful things I would follow.

I didn't expect to get such a positive reaction. From friends and family, from strangers, from companies who manufacture in the USA, from vendors of American-made items (both brick and mortar and online), from other bloggers, from organizations dedicated to preserving American industry. Thank you, all, for the wonderful compliments.

I didn't realize that I would make such great connections with like-minded people who have been so amazingly supportive and organizations that are so passionate about their cause. The response to my Facebook page has been wonderful as well. (Over 100 followers after only a little more than a month! What?!)

On that note, the top five posts for April 2013 are:

5. Camo Gear -- A list of a dozen camouflage clothing and accessories that fit right in with this spring trend.
4. The Colander -- A sentimental look at one of my most beloved inherited kitchen items.
3. Brand Spotlight: American Apparel -- An overview of the company and a list of some of my favorite basic items from this fast-fashion brand.
2. Sunday Morning Reading -- I enjoyed reading this April 22nd Time cover article on American manufacturing.
1. Spring Wish List -- A list of a dozen of my most coveted items for my spring wardrobe, some of which have already been purchased. Expect more posts on this wish list.

Happy May Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment