Thursday, May 2, 2013

Oxfords and Sundaes


This past weekend, my husband and I went out to dinner to one of my favorite local restaurants. Afterwards, we decided to gild the lily with a decadent ice cream sundae at the neighborhood ice cream parlor. This ice cream joint is old school: marble counters, spinning wooden stools with foot rests, a double-door icebox that harks from another era, tin ceilings, honeycomb mosaic tile floor, the original mechanical cash register, and classic ice cream treats. I love those kinds of places, don't you?


We opted for a three-scoop caramel sundae with vanilla ice cream. I think our eyes were a bit bigger than our already full bellies, but we managed to at least make a dent in the above delicious pile of ooey gooey goodness.



Here I am showing off my new Vintage Shoe Co. Oxfords. They were one of the first things on my Spring Wish List and I can't believe I waited so long to purchase them. I have been insanely jealous of my husband's wingtip Oxfords and finally realized it was time to make these mine. I have worn them several times already and I really love the look and feel of them.


What do you think?

(Some photos above by my husband, Dan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment