Thursday, March 21, 2013

Boiling an Egg and Other Things I Can Do Now




My kitchen renovation is almost complete. While there are still a few minor details left to be finished (some missing hardware, window replacement, fully unpacking,... ), finally having a functional kitchen again has been wonderful.

I missed a lot about cooking. I missed being able to wash dishes properly. I missed having a regular sized fridge filled with all of my favorite things to eat. I missed my comfort foods (mac and cheese, grilled cheese, a roasted chicken). I missed being able to do something as simple as boiling an egg.

One of my first meals from my new kitchen, I made a large salad for myself from spinach greens, corn, sliced almonds, fresh bell pepper, and a creamy hard-boiled egg. Using my 3-quart All-Clad sauce pan, I decided to try a new method for boiling eggs. If anyone could make me rethink how to boil an egg, no doubt it would be Mark Bittman.

With a bit of my homemade dressing and it was just about the most delicious salad I've had in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment