Lots of news lately about things American made, especially the NYC fashion industry (most likely spurred on by NYFW).
Here are a dozen articles and videos that you should read and/or watch if you haven't done so already:
- From the NY Daily News (08/25/2013): "80 years after Prohibition, New York is seeing more and more distilleries pop up"
- From Wired (08/27/2013): "Watch: These NYC Souvenirs Are Actually Made in NYC" [+ video]
- From Time (08/28/2013): "Moto X: First U.S.-Made Smartphone Just as Cheap to Produce as Others"
- From Daily Finance (08/30/2013): "Made in the USA, Again: 3 Firms Bringing Jobs Home"
- From the Epoch Times (08/30/2013): "American-Made Products in Vogue"
- From CBS News (08/31/2013): "Made in America: The push to buy locally" [video]
- From the Washington Post (09/03/2013): "Is the fashion industry at a social crossroads?"
- From Crain's New York (09/03/2013): "City's garment factories get a lift"
- From Daily Finance (09/04/2013): "Made in America: More Than Just a Patriotic Concept"
- From the NY Times (09/05/2013): "Public School Designers Who Grasped a Helping Hand"
- From AdAge (09/05/2013): "Fashion Week Gets Tech Makeover: Models to Carry Moto X on Runway"
- From Pregnancy and Newborn Magazine: "Babyspace: Calypso Belle’s nursery" [A look at Cinda B's made in USA nursery]