Emerson Fry has successfully created a clothing line filled with stylish classics and covetable pieces. Season after season, she manages to offer chic items that are simple and familiar and, yet, always have women (and fashion editors) drooling. The key: making elegant, modern, but wearable items that can seamlessly fit into a woman's existing wardrobe. This fall, her line is filled with raglan sleeves, both skinny and slouchy fits, easy colors, tailored pieces, and luxurious materials. As usual, Emerson nails it with the styling. Here are some fall/winter style tips to take away from these looks:
1. Don't be afraid to wear color in the cooler months. It could be a fuschia-colored coat (shown above), a red pair of pants, or a purple scarf. It's nice to balance out neutral wardrobe basics with items in a bright color every once in a while.
2. Wear a silky blouse with a slouchy pair of pants. I'm normally a skinny-black-pant kind of girl, but there is something about the cut of these pants that is so enticing. The top is glorious: the lingerie pink color, the sleeve length, the drape of the fabric.
3. Wear comfy basics in a uniform color palette. The cream elbow-length topper with this white tee and slouchy pant elevates this outfit into something more sophisticated.
4. Pair a caramel-colored cigarette pant with a geometric print on top. I love the color and cut of these pants. I'd do this look, though, with a printed knit or blouse instead.
5. Nothing beats a sweatshirt and jeans for comfort. This raglan sweater is like an updated, grownup sweatshirt. It's casual without being frumpy. The combo of the brown knit and sooty dark gray skinnies is perfect.
6. Casual dress + leggings + calf-height boots. Mmmhmm. I'm already on it, Emerson. This could be my winter uniform right here. (And, yes, dresses are better with pockets.)
7. Wear edgy leather pants with a menswear-inspired shirt. You're not going to find me wearing leather pants anytime soon, but I can still totally get on board with this look. Emerson has made this white button-down with French cuffs. Yowza.
8. Black is still the new black. Emerson's New York is showing with this one. Black sweater, black silk mini skirt, black cashmere scarf, black leather biker jacket, and a black boot. How can you go wrong with all black?
9. White skinny jeans get instantly winter cozy when worn with an oversized sweater. This ivory cable knit turtleneck outfit can be dressed up or down. I'd accessorize with some leopard-print flats and a cup of hot chocolate.
10. Update a little black dress with some leather. The 50's feel of this dress is modernized by just a touch of leather. The knee-length and neckline keep it classy.
Emerson Fry's new Fall/Winter line is available Sept. 10, 2013. Made in NYC. Love it. I can picture myself wearing any one of these outfits.
Please note: the beautiful shoes featured in Emerson Fry's line are made in Italy.