Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Ball Jar


These pint-sized Mason jars in vintage style blue are so cool. (And if you are like me, your inner 13-year-old self will be giggling at the thought of blue Ball jars.)

Everyone has been hurrying to get the last of the summer fruit and produce at my local farmers' market. Some of my friends have been busy with pickling, canning, and preserving all their harvest goodies (it's in vogue again, didn't you know?). Why not upgrade to these Heritage edition jars issued to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Perfect Mason canning jar? These blue glass beauties come in a six-pack, have silver lids and bands, come with measurement marks embossed on the side, and are specially marked for the centennial reissue.


While I've never canned a thing in my life, the squared off jar shape and tight seal make these really versatile and useful. I know I'll find plenty of uses for these pretty limited edition jars as drinking glasses, pantry storage, vases, craft/sewing storage, bathroom storage, candle holders, a salad dressing container, and storage for all those small items that just need a place. I bought these at my local crafts store, but I have also seen them on several online sites.

P.S. If you're so inclined, you can outfit your Mason jar with a Cuppow lid: BPA- and phthalate-free, made of recycled plastic, and also made in the USA.

P.P.S. From Apartment Therapy: 10 Uses for Mason Jars

2 comments:

  1. Love these blue mason jars! I'm hoping to spray paint a few mason jars for a holiday project later this morning. I stash those babies like I'm going to start canning, which never happens.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see the outcome of your little crafty project, Heidi.

      Delete