Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Amour Vert, Spring 2014

BONNIE – white pepper/indian ink henley shirt; SHERRY – natural paisley shorts

Despite the fact that we're in the middle of a major snowstorm and "polar vortex," fashion is already preparing for the warmer months. Here are my favorite looks from Amour Vert's Spring 2014 lineup, with some of my notes.

I'm really loving this neutral beige and navy henley shirt (pictured above). I'd wear the crap out of it (maybe with some inky dark shorts). The piping detail on the front, the cuffs, and the hip length are just gorgeous. Love the casual-cool styling here with the fedora.

DARCY – dark denim open jacket; SOFIA – eyelet deep v-neck dress

A white summer dress has been on my wish list for years, but I have yet to find one that I really like. There's always something that I'm not fond of: too short, too transparent, too bridal, too polyester. The v-neck and length on this eyelet one seem to be a good choice. I love the way they've styled this with the open denim jacket and cognac leather accessories.

KAITLIN – khaki twill moto jacket; JENNA – linen stripes ballerina top; LIZA – grey bouquet print flare pants

I have a dress in this linen navy stripe from last year and it is a classic choice. You can never have too many striped tops in my opinion. The khaki moto jacket has that great edgy, biker silhouette in a milder color and fabric, perfect for spring weather. I'm not crazy about these gray floral pants but I'm pretty boring in the pants department.

ADDISON – blue paisley buttoned dress

Love the v-neck, shoulder pleats, button-front detail, and subtle blue paisley print of this dress. Cute, cute, cute.

ERIN – navy stripes boat neck dress

If you don't have a navy-striped t-shirt dress, you really really need one. This one hits the nail on the head: classic navy stripe, elbow length sleeves, boat neck, and easy silhouette. As I mentioned, I have the short-sleeved jersey crewneck striped dress from Amour Vert's summer 2013 line, but there's a lot going for this one as well. No one should be shocked if this one makes it into my closet anyway.

HARPER – eyelet/chambray claudine collar dress

Eyelet + chambray + Peter Pan round collar in a sleeveless dress?! Adorable. I'd wear with a pair of brightly-colored shoes, just because.

ILENE – white and chambray bib shirt; ABBY – pink stripes paperbag waist shorts

This popover is a nice twist of the chambray shirt and white button-down shirt staples that I already have in my closet and wear all the time. It's the kind of blouse that is versatile but not boring. I'd wear it with a pencil skirt for the boardroom and denim cutoffs for the boardwalk.

JENNIFER – eyelet crop top; ALEXANDRA – dark denim flare jeans

You're not going to see me wearing a crop top anytime soon, but this white tee and denim look is still a winner. Eyelet keeps it sweet and the dark denim makes it not too cutesy.

LILA – tangerine one shoulder ruffle dress

I'm not sure if I could carry off a one-shoulder ruffle, but I do love that Amour Vert decided to make a commitment to this tangerine orange for the second year. I think this is the kind of dress that is easy to keep casual for weekends (with sandals and a canvas tote) or to dress up for a wedding (with lots of gold accessories and some killer strappy heels).

JANELLE – blue stripes a-line dress

This is the epitome of a summer dress for me. I have a handful already in this cut and length in varying fabrics, colors, and prints. They are easy to style, comfortable, and so so flattering. I'm loving this neckline; it's not too revealing but not too stuffy either. Amour Vert, set one aside for me, pretty please?  

FYI, the collection will be available for purchase at the end of January.
 
(Photos courtesy of Amour Vert.)

No comments:

Post a Comment