Thursday, June 13, 2013

Aloha, Coffee!


There is nothing better in the morning than a hot cup of coffee. No, really. I almost cannot function without it.

Porto Rico Importing Co. has several NYC locations and have been around for over a hundred years. They roast their own beans on premises, have a wide variety of coffees and teas at different price points, and their staff make excellent recommendations. Stop in person to one of their storefronts for a latte, buy beans ground to your specification, or just to peruse their coffee-related items. I love their coffee and I know my guests do as well (in fact, we get requests from out-of-town family to bring some when we visit).

I have yet to be disappointed in the several different blends, roasts, and coffee origins I've tried. Their Maui bean, grown in Hawaii of course, is a lighter roast and has a bold flavor. Their Northeast Blend, not American-grown but one of my favorites, is an easy darker roast with a sweet but full-bodied flavor. works perfectly with my city water. In the winter when it gets snowy and cold, we often get their Holiday blend. The cost of some of their coffees is actually less expensive than even some inferior coffees from the supermarket.

Oh and just in case any of you non-New Yorkers want to get some, they do ship internationally.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way when it comes to coffee! Love Hawaiian grown coffee too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete