Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pricey vs. Thrifty: Foaming Hand Soap

Pricey: Kiss My Face foaming soap

I love this grapefruit and bergamot foaming soap from Kiss My Face (right). It has a fresh citrusy scent, cleans hands really well, and gets lots of compliments from my guests. Great for use in the kitchen and bathroom. It can be a little on the pricey side, however, especially since I wash my hands often throughout the day. I usually reserve buying it when I can get it on sale.

Thrifty: Dr. Bronner's castile soap + essential oils











 



A thriftier version of this can be made using Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Hemp Citrus Orange Pure-Castile Soap (left) and plain old tap water. I eyeball about a 3-to-1 ratio of water and the castile soap. You can then add a few drops of grapefruit and/or bergamot essential oils. I use Aura Cacia grapefruit essential oil.

I buy all the these items at my local natural food market. You can also find them at both brick-and-mortar and online drugstores.

P.S. For some entertainment, read the label of the Dr. Bronner's soap container. Whoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment