Call this a to-do list for the year's end. Things to do before New Year's Day, that is the end of tomorrow:
- Clear out all your expired products. Makeup, toiletries, medicines, and foods that have expiration dates for 2014 (or earlier) -- toss 'em, disposing of the items properly. Make a note of what needs replacing, what better item to replace it with, or what to just not replace at all. I'm embarrassed to admit that there was stuff from 2013 lurking in my linen closet. Oopsies.
- Make a food wish list. That is, list restaurants at which you'd like to have dinner or special meals that you'd like to make. For me, it's a fun way to explore new foods, cuisines, and neighborhoods. Plus, this is something both my husband and I like to do together.
- Shred your documents. I always get in the mood to organize and clean stuff out this time of year. Just a couple of days ago, I was shredding stuff from 2012 that didn't need saving. Yikes. File away tax documents, important papers, or (even better) scan them and store electronically.
- Clean out your sock drawer, in the least. I feel like all my socks start to die at around the same time. I got lots of great new socks recently and it's time to let go of the ones that are wearing thin at the heels or lost their oomph.
- Write a letter. I've long been meaning to write a friend a letter. Like a bonafide pen-and-paper letter on some fancypants stationery. Make it happen. No time like now and your friend will love getting something in the mail. Need note cards? Terrapin Stationers has been nailing it lately.
P.S. Read my post from last year: Things To Do Before the End of the Year
*Disclaimer: This post contains an affiliate link.
(Photo from Crate & Barrel.)