A pair of jeans, a pop-up market, a Cabernet, wool socks, legwarmers over leggings, a tote bag, two shirts, oranges, and a leather protector spray. Here are more than a few American-made things that I'm loving this month:
1. Northern Grade Her, Dec 6th and 7th in Brooklyn, NY -- I popped in to this holiday pop-up shop in Dumbo with my husband. I got to meet a bunch of great people from fantastic companies, some of which were new to me, mostly local to me in NYC: AVO, Eliabeth Suzann, Esby Apparel, Fischer Clothing, Frank Clegg, Gamine Co., HEUCY, Nativen, Ohio Knitting Mills, OnePointSix, Page Sargisson, Pierrepont Hicks, Tradlands, and William J. Mills Co. Would have loved to have taken more photos but my camera was not cooperating; just a few snaps here from my phone.
Add these Stitch Linens products to my wish list. Handmade in a NYC apartment.
Hand-painted, one-of-a-kind leather home accessories from AVO. Made in Brooklyn.
This is the HEUCY dress that they call "The Problem Solver" because the dropped-waist, pockets, and sustainable jersey fabric solves all the issues you might have with a day-to-night schedule. Made in NYC.
Me, modeling my Tradlands Arapahoe flannel shirt, and Sadie of Tradlands. Awww.
I purchased these two shirts to add to my collection: the polka dot Tradlands Robie and the plaid Tradlands Brunswick. I have gotten compliments on both each time I've worn them ...
...and got this great bag complimentary with my purchase, the Tradlands Ferry Plaza Tote, now available for purchase. Sturdy and a bit more substantial in size than my other totes.
2. These NYC-made KD Dance chunky knit wool legwarmers* are great for layering over my favorite pair of Splendid winter-weight leggings* and some Wigwam merino wool socks I purchased at Costco. Great for lounging around while enjoying a glass of wine, like this The Show Cabernet Sauvignon.
3. Cuties California Clementines -- I have become obsessed with these clementine oranges lately. To me this is the December fruit and I even used to get them in my Christmas stocking. Portable, easy to peel, easy to eat, and truly addicting. I carry these in a pocket and/or bag for snacking or an impromptu breakfast on a wintery walk with my mom's poodle, Jake.
4. 3M Scotchgard Leather Protector for Suede and Nubuck* -- When I bought my nubuck leather Clare Vivier Moyen Messenger bag, they recommended this protector spray. I recently used it on a bunch of shoes. It's so easy to use, dries quickly, and two light coats has been perfect for keeping leather shoes from getting water marks, salt stains, and oil spots. I can't believe I didn't know about this stuff before. Used on the suede ankle booties shown on me in the photo up top.
5. AG Jeans Nikki Relaxed Skinny Jeans in Stealth* -- Boy, have I been having a hard time finding jeans that fit me well. These "relaxed skinnies" are still loose in the waist (fixable with a belt) and are about a mile too long, but I still love the feel and color of these. They are very comfy and the grayed-out blue color goes with everything. Must find a tailor to get them hemmed and maybe taken in at the waist a bit. Shown on me in the photo up top.
*Disclaimer: This post contains some affiliate links.
(Photos by me, stock photos from Tradlands, and from Nordstrom.)