Monday, August 5, 2013

For the Love of Clogs


Clogs are somewhat of a polarizing topic in fashion. People either love 'em or hate 'em and there's not a lot of in between. If you appreciate the comfort of clogs, you'll appreciate even more having a fashionable and American-made choice for ones that come with options to better fit the personality of the wearer.

Scandic Footwear make clogs that you could swear were from Sweden, but are really handmade in New Hampshire. What I love about this company is that they offer a lot of choice for their customer: 
several heel heights, widths, designs, sole colors, leather types, and colors. Their clogs have a polyurethane outsole to make them skid resistant and quiet. This New York sandal, with it's on trend braided design, has a 2-inch version and a 2¾-inch sister. It comes with three base color choices and almost 20 different color and leather variations. That means over 4,000 unique possibilities!

P.S. They also make professional clogs.

(Photos courtesy of Scandic Footwear.)

4 comments:

  1. Always great to find more brands of ladies shoes made in the USA. -Jack A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It's nice that there are more options at least. I'm still waiting for more comfortable heels and pumps to be made in the USA.

      Delete
  2. There are a few products and brands that I love so much, I'll buy them no matter where they are made, without guilt. Dansko clogs are one. This post has me re-thinking that. Maybe this fall instead of a new pair of Danskos, I'll try a pair of Scandics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I totally agree with you. I am interested to hear your thoughts if you get a pair. (I have my eye on some in a cheery bright color.)

      Delete