Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Just Peachy Day

Ray, Lena, and Amy
I had such a great day yesterday. I spent the morning taking care of business (Pilates, haircut, blog things). My neighborhood was buzzing with delivery trucks, film crews (lots of TV shows and movies film on location here), and people going about their day. In the afternoon, I had the pleasure of hanging out with two of my girlfriends that I don't see nearly as much as I'd like. On the docket: a concert, some drinks, and a good old-fashioned girls night out.

Ray and Lena played hookey yesterday afternoon to join me for a late lunch/early dinner and then we all headed over to the West Side Tennis Club in Forest Hills for the Mumford & Sons concert. This concert marks one of the first at the venue in decades. I've heard from friends and family that it was quite the place for music concerts back in the day. Since it's within walking distance of my apartment, I am beyond thrilled that they've decided to bring concerts here once again. Even better, to get to enjoy it with two of my girlfriends.

Mumford & Sons (imported), West Side Tennis Club, Queens, NY


An outdoor concert is not a bad way to mark the end of summer and I certainly was keeping some summer favorites going yesterday:

"I'm at least 21 and thirsty!"
My beer: Six Point Apollo. Brewed locally in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Their summer wheat beer, served up in a Made in the USA plastic cup. A good concert beer.


My lipstick: Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach. Pink with a hint of peach. Lightweight, sheer, creamy, slight glossy, and the perfect color for summer.

Shown here in a Biltwell Pint Glass: made in the USA
and 100% of the proceeds go to the Semper Fi Fund

After-concert adult beverages: the Dirty Arnold Palmer. Firefly sweet tea vodka + lemonade. I first tried this combination out on the North Fork of Long Island last year and it's a great summer cocktail. Be advised: these deceivingly taste just like a regular Arnold Palmer.

Goofy headbands likely not made in America.

P.S. I think I have finally convinced these two to do some guest blogging. 

(Photos courtesy of Lena, Ray, and myself. We rock.)

No comments:

Post a Comment