Friday, May 16, 2014
American-Made Things Loved Today
Five American-made things I've been loving lately: a bath mitt made of honeycomb material, a leopard calf-hair belt, a Pinot noir from Oregon, a trio of eyeshadows, and espresso gelato.
1. Supracor Stimulite Bath Mitt (pictured above) -- Perhaps the strangest looking bath product I've ever purchased. This flexible mitt is made from a lightweight, space-age material that exfoliates skin. Dries quickly so it's naturally antibacterial and antifungal.
2. J.Crew Skinny Printed Calf Hair Belt -- A slim Italian calf-hair belt in a leopard print. I've been wearing it a lot with my favorite pair of camel twill pants. Purchased after seeing Ida, from Made & Worn blog, wear a similar one.
3. Primarius Pinot Noir (2012) -- A smooth, delicate wine. I repurchased this within a week of finishing the first bottle. My husband, who doesn't even like red wine, said he'd gladly have a glass with me after tasting mine. There's hope for him yet.
4. Smashbox Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio in Multi-Flash -- Matte pink, shimmery peach, and shimmery light taupe eyeshadows can be used to create a minimalist, nude eye. Curl lashes and add a few coats of mascara for an easy, daytime look.
5. Ciao Bella Triple Espresso Gelato -- Like a coffee-flavored rainbow in your mouth. Creamy but light, packed with deep espresso flavor. Hits the spot. Especially when you have those weird midnight cravings for coffee and something sweet.
(Disclaimer: This post contains some affiliate links.)