Friday, March 1, 2013

Sherwood Bedroom

Room & Board Sherwood Six-Drawer Chest in Walnut

I have been asked several times in the past couple of months about my bedroom furniture. It's been lurking in a few of my photos and I've been meaning to talk about it for a while now. (Remember that chest of drawers when showcasing my new red dress, for instance? Or the dresser from my post about my favorite foundation?)

Room & Board Sherwood Ten-Drawer Dresser in Walnut

My husband and I bought our NYC apartment in the Fall of 2008. We were very happy to have the opportunity to rid ourselves of some of the furniture from our old place and get new things that we really loved for our new apartment. A bedroom set was one of the items at the top of our list. We quickly fell in love with the Sherwood bedroom furniture line from Room & Board. (Oh, who am I kidding, I am in love with almost everything at Room & Board. Their Soho showroom is always fun to visit.)

Room & Board Sherwood Furniture in Walnut


We finally settled on the dark walnut furniture with large stainless steel cylinder knobs: two different dressers, a bed, and nightstands. The dressers and nightstands give us plenty of drawer storage in the bedroom. The furniture is sturdy, has clean lines, and just looks so sharp. Our bed looks great with any color bedding (green print, gray geometric pattern, red and white check, white quilting). It is definitely something that I know we love for many, many years to come.

The Sherwood furniture also comes in maple, cherry, and painted white maple and with the option of natural steel hardware or stainless hardware in various sizes and shapes. Made in Grand Forks, North Dakota.

(Photos courtesy of Room & Board.)

2 comments:

  1. I was just going some Google-ing on the Sherwood collection and happened upon this post, forgetting that I've seen it before! We're getting ready to purchase a bed and dresser and I'm happy to know you've enjoyed this purchase. :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We were just commenting the other day on how glad we were we bought it and how much we love it. Let me know if you need more pictures of my bedroom.

      Delete