I love that feeling of stepping out of the chilly ocean water to wrap myself up in a warm, plush towel. Available in everything from cotton to bamboo to linen, in neutral colors to vibrant prints, and in a bevy of sizes to suit your needs. Beach towels are a summer necessity for anyone spending time at the pool, relaxing at the lake, or hanging out at the ocean.
Here are nine American-made beach towels and one made in Canada:
1. Tom Slaughter Whales Beach Towel* (shown above) -- This French blue and white towel is designed by artist Tom Slaughter via One King's Lane, jacquard-woven whale design with the opposite design on the back, cotton, 31" x 60". (P.S. Check out the other great made-in-USA beach towels available from One King's Lane*.)
2. Sunsoak Beach Towel* -- Ikat-type design from Kamp & Co. via Anthropologie, available in four different patterns and color combinations, cotton fabric backed cotton terry, 36" x 72".
3. Marlin Towel -- Hand-drawn Moroccan-inspired design from Heidi Merrick: "toi, moi, et la plage," medium-weight cotton, available in pink as shown above or blue (Carp Towel), 34"x66".
4. Chevron Beach Towels -- Classic chevron pattern from Just Beach Towels; available in white with black, blue, green, navy, or pink; heavyweight cotton terry; 37" x 70".
5. Casimir Bath Towel -- Multicolored Southwestern stripe on a navy background from Deck Towel, navy and camel selvage, medium-heavy weight, masculine, made in NYC of Czech linen, 27" x 57". Also available in a larger deck towel size, 70" x 57".
6. Cacimba Beach Towel -- Graphic black-and-white palm tree and wave design from Out of Office NYC, modern, reversible, woven terry velour, cotton, 34" x 66".
7. Linen/Cotton Day Blanket -- A lightweight woven throw/blanket like this one from Brahm's Mount is a good alternative to a beach towel; available in this Canyon stripe (red/almond/neutral) as shown as well as lots of other color combinations; made in Maine, cotton/linen; 50" x 80".
8. Handwoven Spa Towel -- A cross between a light blanket and a towel via Gallant & Jones; handwoven by Laura Fry in British Columbia, Canada; available in seafoam (as shown here), wave (as shown up top), ash, and coral; cotton; 39" x 70".
9. Seaside Beach Towel -- Simple wide stripe design for those who are "Seaside" from Chance, stone and white, sheared cotton, 32.5” x 68”. Also available with "Reserved" navy and "Poolside" aqua designs.
10. Linen Spa Towel -- Luxurious thick linen towel for either the beach or at home; minimalist; available in ecru (as shown), oyster, and graphite; made in NYC of Belgian linen; 36" x 66". This one has been on my wish-list for a while.
*Disclaimer: This post contains some affiliate links.
(Photos from Gallant & Jones, One King's Lane, Anthropologie, Heidi Merrick, Just Beach Towels, Deck Towels, Out of Office NYC, Brahms Mount, Gallant & Jones, Chance, and Linoto.)