Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Store Spotlight: Red Wing Shoes


The other night, I was on my way to dinner with my husband and a couple of friends. We had a few minutes to kill before our reservation so I decided to have a peek inside the Red Wing Shoe store in Sunnyside, Queens. The displays beautifully show off their shoes as well as photos of some of the U.S. factories and workers.



Insoles and orthotic inserts

Peet Shoe Dryer, Made in the USA

A vintage photo on display of the Red Wing Shoe factory in Red Wing, Minnesota.

Socks

Leather care products


This store is just steps from the Bliss St/46th St stop on the 7 train in Queens. Located at:

47-01 Queens Blvd.
Sunnyside, NY 11104

P.S. In addition to shoe sales, this location also offers the following services: free oiling, free laces, shoe repair, insole replacement, custom needs, special orders, and industrial discounts.

Please note: not all products shown here are American-made.

8 comments:

  1. My dad wears Red Wing Shoes! I swear he started wearing them because he's a red read, but that's a whole different story.

    http://jax-and-jewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to agree with the statement that not all shoes made by Red Wing Shoes are made in the USA. All the athletic shoes are imported. And a majority of their boots are also imported. Always check the label. They make great "made in USA" boots, the construction is made of quality materials and I believe the workmanship is better as well. Sometimes the American models are more expensive, but not always. -Jack A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack, got it covered. I didn't think the employees would appreciate me inspecting every pair of shoes. I did note that Heritage chukkas, the insoles I saw, the socks, and some of the leather care products were made in the USA.

      Delete
    2. Actually the employees of the big chains don't mind if you check, sometimes it starts up a conversation about Made in the USA products. Some independent clothing owners sometimes don't like it because they think you are stealing the name of brands that their stores carry, but, a business card usually allays their fears. -Jack A

      Delete
    3. It's about being courteous to the person who had just straightened up all the display shoes.

      Delete
  3. I've been saving for a pair of the chukkas for a while, need them quick as it's getting pretty wet here now.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matthew, I love the look of the chukkas a lot. What color are you thinking of?

      Delete