So, apparently you're not supposed to put cotton swabs inside your ears to clean them. (Cue Girls OCD-like comments below.) Uh huh, that's right. Cotton swabs, however, are useful for lots of things. I keep a container on my dresser and never travel without them. I buy Q-tip brand cotton swabs, made in the USA, in bulk at Costco.
Here are five "other" things you can do with cotton swabs:
- Electronics Care -- Clean in between the keys, around the screen, and in all the nooks and crannies of your keyboard, remotes, phones, and other electronic devices.
- First Aid -- Put ointment on small boo-boos, dab tea tree oil to cuts and pimples, and stop the bleeding of scratches and nicks.
- Makeup Application -- Remove stray mascara smudges, smudge eyeliner, and clean up lipstick around the mouth.
- Nail Care -- Apply cuticle oil, clean under fingernails, and tidy up nail polish lines.
- Home -- Touch up paint on walls, dab glue to broken dishes, and clean hard to reach places.