The latest news regarding the Made in America Movement: small-batch whiskey, counterfeit products, luxury linens, outdoor gear, women's handbags from Shinola, power suits, Brooklyn-made, Made in USA e-commerce, national parks, why more clothing might be American-made, and why 'made in China' could be in decline.
Here are 15 articles and videos you need to see if you haven't already:
- From Business Insider (07/21/2014): "Inside The Brooklyn Factory That Makes Suits For America's Most Powerful Men" [photos] -- tour of Martin Greenfield Clothiers
- From Daily Finance (07/29/2014): "9 Brands Made in America for Summertime Fun"
- From Apparel (07/29/2014): "It Says Made in USA, But Is It Really?" -- article by All-American Clothing's Boomer Beam.
- From NPR's The Salt (07/30/2014): "Why Your 'Small-Batch' Whiskey Might Taste A Lot Like The Others" [+ audio]
- From the NYT Magazine (07/31/2014): "An E-Commerce Emporium for Locally Made Goods" -- about MadeClose
- From Elements of Style blog (08/04/2014): "A Visit to the Matouk Factory" -- great photo tour of the Matouk linens factory in Fall River, MA
- From Fashionista (08/06/2014): "How U.S. Watchmaker Shinola Plans to Break Into Women's Handbags in 2015"
- From the LA Times (08/10/2014): "American Apparel, others try to profit from domestic production"
- From National Parks Traveler (08/11/2014): "Made In America: National Park Concessionaires Offering More Items Made In America"
- From CNBC (08/19/2014): "Why the 'Made in China' model is weakening"
- From Brooklyn Buzz Blog (08/19/2014): "Chamber Announces First Group of Products to be Certified Brooklyn Made"
- From Daily Finance (08/25/2014): "Made in America? Why More of Your Clothes Soon Might Be"
- From ABC News 'Made in America' series (08/27/2014): "US Companies Take Fight Against Counterfeiters in Own Hands" [+ video]
- From Marketplace (09/01/2014): "What, exactly, does 'Made in the USA' mean?"
- From Forbes (09/02/2014): "American Manufacturing Is Alive And Well, There's No Need To Try And Save It"