I know, I know. It's been a while since my last links post. I've been busy surviving this winter weather. This installment of my weekend links deals with beer, spirits, made-in-New-York fashion at NY Fashion Week, the car that might be "the greatest American-made product ever, and the response to the State of the Union address and the made-in-America Super Bowl ads.
Here are 13 articles and videos you need to see if you haven't already:
- From Beer & Brewing (01/23/2014): "Beer Pairings for Girl Scout Cookies"
- From the Alliance for American Manufacturing (01/30/2014): "Scott Paul responds to 2014 State of the Union" -- video from AAM president Scott Paul
- From Crain's New York (02/02/2014): "Breweries tap into Queens"
- From Crain's Chicago (02/03/2014) "This luxury suitcase is American-made all the way down to the thread"
- From Forbes (02/06/2014): "WeatherTech CEO MacNeil Lives 'Made In America' Gospel"
- From the NY Times blog, On the Runway (02/06/2014): "A Fashion Meet-and-Greet With the Mayor"
- From Thrillist (02/06/2014): "The best craft distillers in America, as voted by a spirited panel of liquor writers"
- From ABC News (02/06/2014): "Senator Pushes Government To Only Buy Made in America Textiles"
- From Jezebel (02/11/2014): "American Apparel CEO Dov Charney: 'I Don't Believe In Made In The USA'"
- From the Washington Post (02/12/2014): "Nanette Lepore puts out clothes handcrafted in NY"
- From the Washington Business Journal (02/12/2014): "Buy American? One lawmaker's cost-benefit analysis of making the GSA use U.S.-made products"
- From the Motley Fool (02/15/2014): "Is This the Greatest American-Made Product, Ever?"
- From the Staten Island Advance (02/16/2014): "Staten Island group fights for 'Made in the U.S.A.' stamp (with photos)"