|President Clinton and the de Blasio family at the inauguration for Mayor de Blasio|
I slept in this morning, drank some coffee, made some pancakes, chatted with friends and family, did a little cleaning, and reveled in the freshness of the new year. Yes, I'm celebrating this new year. It's going to be great. I can feel it. I am hopeful that 2014 is the year that great things happen. This is the year that I really think will be momentous.
A public thanks to Chirlane and Chiara de Blasio for showing their commitment to New York and to NYC manufacturing by wearing locally-made Nanette Lepore dresses and coats. "This city needs more creative entrepreneurs like Nanette Lepore who are committed to keeping our city's garment industry thriving." -- Chirlane de Blasio. Now that's a fashion statement. I am now officially a fan.
More on the Nanette Lepore items that the de Blasios are wearing, from AMNY (01/01/2014): "De Blasio women don Nanette Lepore's NY-made wares to inauguration"
Updated with additional articles:
- From Capital New York (01/01/2014): "De Blasio women wear Nanette Lepore to inauguration"
- From Fashionista (01/02/2014): "Why It’s Important That the De Blasio Ladies Wore Nanette Lepore for NYC Mayoral Inauguration"
- From Glamour magazine (01/02/2014): "New York City's New First Lady and First Daughter Wear Nanette Lepore on Inauguration Day"
- From the Huffington Post (01/02/2014): "Chirlane McCray, Chiara de Blasio Make Statement With Nanette Lepore Swearing-In Outfits"
- From the NY Daily News (01/02/2014): "Why the de Blasio ladies wore Nanette Lepore inauguration outfits"
- From the Daily Beast (01/02/2014): "Chirlane McCray and Chiara de Blasio Wear Nanette Lepore to Bill De Blasio's Inauguration"
- From InStyle (01/03/2014): "This Week’s Wow: Inaugural Fashion, New York City Style"
(Photo: Chang W. Lee/The New York Times.)