Thursday, February 7, 2013

PM Facial Cleanser


At night, I wash my face with this oil-based cleanser from Boscia. Since I grew up thinking that an oil-free face wash was the only option for my skin type, I was very hesitant to use an oil cleanser. Not the case at all and I am glad that I got over my fear of oil cleansers. (To all you skeptics of oil cleansers, please give it a try.) This MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil takes off every bit of makeup and leaves my face feeling clean and moisturized.

The formula is very different from anything I have seen before. It applies as an oil but rinses away with a milkiness to it, without being greasy. Yes, you read correctly, I don't feel like I smeared French-fry grease all over my face after using this. If I am really feeling luxurious, I first steam my face with a hot cloth for a few minutes before applying the cleansing oil.

As long as we're being honest here, I can tell you that there are many nights that I don't wash my face before I go to sleep. In that case, I use a teeny amount of the cleansing oil on my eyes only and then wash as usual with my morning facial cleanser, also from Boscia.

Please note: older bottles of this product are labeled as being made in Japan; newer bottles indicate that it is made in the U.S. They have recently moved production to the U.S. since building 'clean room' facilities that can accommodate their needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment